Friday, January 8, 2010

Twitter, again!

Yes, I’m here to talk a little about my favorite Social Media site, Twitter. The last few days that I’ve been on Twitter, I’ve come across a plethora of information and just awesome links.

I’m going to suggest to people that you should join Twitter and just toy around with it. The first thing you do shouldn’t be to add your friends. The first thing you should do is to do a search for a topic that interests you and see what comes up. Use the @(Username) tag to reply to somebody and see who replies back. Those who you find to be interesting, you might want to follow. Later on, see which of your friends have it.

Twitter isn’t about social networking, but rather a giant chatroom, as somebody mentioned to me tonight. (@va1d1v1a). I’ve been keeping up a lot with trends in education, (check out @ShellTerrell for more information on edu-blogging), and all of my old RSS feeds, from Wired, CNN, NYT, ClientsFromHell and more.

Good place to start getting in touch with what’s actually out there in the world. There’s quite a bit more to it than you may think.

Follow my “professional” – HAHAHAHA! account - @jscognam or my personal one - @asianjohnpa and have a chat with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment